Symmes Sixth Grade Bloggers

Adventures in Sixth Grade

Welcome to our Classroom!

on September 3, 2021

We are very excited to dive into the world of blogging!

As we get started here at the beginning of the year, posts will be written by Mrs. Stevens as well as guest posts by students. These blog posts will help us practice quality writing as well as the writing process. 

Students and community members will be encouraged to leave comments and practice “Accountable Talk.” We hope that you will participate in our blogging experience by commenting to keep our conversations alive!

As we learn and grow, some students will even earn their own Class Blog which will be featured here!

Our sixth grade classroom!

To get us started, we want to encourage you to leave a comment below answering any of the following questions:

• What was your most memorable experience in school?
  • If you could learn anything in language arts and reading class, what would it be?
  • Think of a book that you could recommend to someone. What about this book made you want to recommend it?

Please follow all of our blogging guidelines when adding comments or check out this fabulous video for commenting ideas.

Thank you!

4 Responses to “Welcome to our Classroom!”

1. Edublogs says:

This is your first comment!

2. Hi, Mrs. Stevens!
    One of my most memorable moments was in 10th grade ELA when we did a project on King Authur and the Knights of the Round Table! I hadn’t even ever heard of that before that class and I have loved the telling and retelling of the story ever since then (about *cough @ number* of years!)

• stevensclassroom says:

What a neat memory from school. I enjoyed Merlin’s story most of all from the Arthurian legends.
      I’m excited to read Freak the Mighty with a few groups of my students this year, and it has awesome references to the adventures of the Knights of the Round Table! I’m excited to introduce them to the legends.

3. Maria Krausse says:

Kia ora,
    I am working in schools in New Zealand. I am learning about how to use Edublogs. Great to see a photo of your classroom.
    One of my best memories in school was reading a journal (a book with lots of stories) in my year 3 class. This meant I was getting better at reading!
    Kind regards,
    Maria